Jones (JUUL Compatible Pods)
GUIDE TO POD SYSTEMSVaping is an enjoyable activity that some people turn to in order to quit smoking. Vaping helps with withdrawal symptoms, making quitting smoking all the more bearable. However, new vapers are often faced with challenges that threaten to lead them back to smoking. Some of these challenges include the inefficiency of cheap vape devices and the complexity of modern vape devices. Pod systems are ideal for beginners as they not only eliminate these challenges, but they also add to the convenience of vaping. Though they are an excellent pick for beginners, they are also perfect for experienced vapers.
WHAT ARE POD SYSTEMS?A pod system is a mini vape that has a pre-filled cartridge or cartridges you can fill that holds the e-liquid. This cartridge snaps into a small battery which powers the device. Pod systems are also referred to as vape pods, mini vapes, pod vapes, or pod mods. Some have button power batteries while other are automatic, meaning you just have to take a drag to power them.
There are two types of pod mods:
- Refillable pod systems: these are also known as open system vapes. They have empty pods which are manually refilled by the user. They allow the user to explore and use a wide range of flavors.
- Prefilled pod systems: these pods are referred to as closed system vapes because they do not allow the user to refill e-juice. Their pods come with pre-filled e-juice from the manufacturer. Pre-filled e-juices are both advantageous and disadvantageous to users. With pre-filled pods, you do not have to worry about choosing flavors and refilling e-juices, especially if you are new to vaping. On the downside, the flavors are limited. Also, once the e-juice in the pod is finished, you have to buy a replacement from the same manufacturer.
HOW DO POD MODS WORK?Pod mods use a “pod” instead of a tank or atomizer like the traditional e-cigarettes. The pod works the same way a tank and atomizer does. It holds and vaporizes the e-juice. The vapor is then sent to your mouth through the mouthpiece. The pod holds about 1ml to 2ml of e-liquid, although some pods are bigger. Apart from the pod, the rest of the device is relatively similar to the standard e-cigarette. The battery capacity of most pod vapes is 300mAh. Some manufacturers, however, create pod systems with bigger battery capacity. How long the battery of a pod system works depends on the way you use it. If you vape many times a day, your battery is likely to drain faster, and you might need to recharge often. Remember to wait for the battery to be fully charged if you want it to have a long life. Also, do not vape while charging or you risk explosion.
CAN I USE NICOTINE SALT E-LIQUIDS IN VAPE PODS?If you are just quitting smoking, you might crave nicotine when you begin vaping. Pod mods allow you to use e-liquids that have nicotine salts. This helps to alleviate withdrawal syndrome. Also, it enables you to downsize on nicotine content gradually.
WHY NICOTINE SALTS?Nic salts and pod systems work well together. E-juices with these salts are better vaped Mouth to Lung (MTL), and pod mods allow MTL vaping. Nicotine salts have high nicotine content, and e-liquids with these salts produce little vapor. Since pod mods are not great at vapor production, they are the best devices to vape nic salt e-liquids on. Immediately when you quit smoking; you'll find yourself craving nicotine. It is important to note that e-liquids with high nicotine free base content produce a harsh throat hit. Nicotine salts, on the other hand, provide a smooth and more satisfying throat hit when they are highly concentrated in e-liquids. E-liquids with nic salts use up to 59mg/ml nicotine content. Nicotine salts work well in low powered devices; hence they are perfect for pod mods.
ISN’T HIGH NICOTINE CONTENT BAD SINCE I’M JUST QUITTING SMOKING?Nic salts are different from freebase nicotine in that they have an acidic element added to them. This element keeps their pH down, and that is why you do not get a strong throat hit once you vape e-juices that contain them. The nicotine and nic salts contained in e-juices do not have the carcinogenic elements found in standard cigarette nicotine. More than that, no combustion element is required, and e-liquid nicotine produces no tar.
WHAT DO I GAIN FROM USING POD SYSTEMS?There are lots of benefits of using pod vapes:
- Discreet: pod systems have minimal vapor production. Hence, they are ideal for any vaper who wants to enjoy vaping without drawing much attention to themselves. They are especially beneficial if you're going to vape in public places.
- Affordable: though the cost of pod systems vary, they are cheaper than most vape devices in the market.
- Leak-proof: this is one of the most impressive features of pod mods. Other vape devices have the possibility of leaking tanks, caps loosening, and liquid seeping through small openings. Pod systems come with pre-built and disposable cartridges with low chances of leaking.
- Portable and convenient: pod systems are small and easy to carry around. A notable trend in vape devices is that they keep getting bigger as they pack more batteries in their bodies. Pod mods, however, remain small. Also, you do not have to carry around or store e-juice bottles as they store their own juice.
- Easy to use: unlike most modern vape devices, pod systems are easy to use for a newbie. When the e-juice is depleted, it is easy to pop them out of the battery section.
- Low maintenance: pod mods are all in one vape devices; thus they do not require coil changes, wicking, cleaning, and other maintenance that box mods need.
- Stronger nicotine hit: standard sub-ohm devices use e-liquids with low nicotine content, usually 3-6mg/ml. With these devices, it is hard for a beginner vaper to get a satisfying throat hit. Pod vapes, on the contrary, are compatible with high nicotine e-juice and they will give you a satisfying nicotine hit quickly.