RBA (Re-Buildable Atomizer)
RBA stands for Re-Buildable Atomizer. It’s a sort of DIY type of vape. An RBA is an advanced vape with a deck for user-installed coils and wicks, called “builds.” The term RBA can specifically refer to removable decks for vape tanks, or for any atomizer with a build deck, like an RDA, RDTA, RTA, or genesis. Over the years, the term “rebuildable atomizer” has become more common for the category term, but it’s simply what RBA means.
Benefits of using an RBA
While an RBA comes with out of the box"replaceable coils, the main benefit of using these types of atomizers is the option of customizing the coil assembly to achieve the desired resistance. Users can calibrate their vape to their exact preference in a personal quest to maximize their vape performance. The secondary advantage is that building your own coils is significantly cheaper than buying pre-made replacement coils.
RBAs can be divided into these sub-categories:
- Rebuildable Tank Atomizer (RTA)
- Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer (RDA)
- Rebuildable Dripping Tank Atomizer (RDTA)
RTA (Rebuildable Tank Atomizer)
a type of rebuildable atomizer (RBA) with a posted deck which is enclosed by a sealed metal chamber cap. It is encompassed with a tank pool for containing the e-juice. The chamber cap is linked to a chimney which routes the vapor to the drip tip. Gravity, along with pressure, helps push the e-juice into the tank and down the chamber cap; and finally, up through the channels present around the girth of the deck. Ends of the soaking wick are placed in these channels, and by the process of diffusion, the e-liquid is passed from the wick on to the coil for vaporization.
Pros and Cons of an RTA Tank
PROS of an RTA tank:
CONS of an RTA tank:
- Sub-ohm level liquid quantity, RDA-grade flavor,and cloud production
- Cheaper to use, compared to sub-ohm tanks
- Easier to use than a RDA
- Flexibility to experiment with coil builds
- Requires the ability to replace and or build coils
- If you want to change flavor you need to empty your tank and clean it
RDA (Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer)
An RDA stands for Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer. An RDA is a type of RBA that requires the user to manually add juice on the coils and wicks, instead of being fed from a tank. RDAs have a juice well at the bottom of the build deck to hold e-liquid, and the wick tails are placed into the well. Generally, the juice well does not have as much capacity as a tank, so the vaper must continuously add e-juice ever so often, to prevent the wicks from getting dry.
The manual nature of wetting the wicks and coils makes RDAs less convenient than a tank, unless they’re set up for and used with a squonk mod. A squonkable RDA can be fed e-juice from a small squeezable bottle located in the mod, accessed through a small window. Squonking is still manual and it’s like dripping, except that it’s much more convenient than having to carry an e-juice bottle separately.
Pros and Cons of an RDA Tank
Pros of an RDA tank
Cons of an RDA tank:
- Provides a truly wonderful vaping experience, with thick clouds and intense flavor – a true standard!
- Easy on the pocket cotton and coils are cheap
- A wide range of choices
- Customizable coil options – bring out the inner creative you!
- Stable and solid performance
- Easy to maintain and manage
- No e-juice storage capacity, other than small wells
- Wicking can be complex and difficult for beginners
- Frequent dripping of e-juice is required, making it a hassle
- An initial investment of buying a decent RDA tank is high
- Experience in coil building required to maximize the potential of your RDA
Benefit of RTAs and RDAs
The main benefit to RTAs and RDAs is that you can build your own coils to your desired resistance.Before store-bought "drop in coils" became widely available, RBAs were the only way to get a high-performance vape. Today, RBAs are used by purists who want to calibrate their vape to their exact preference and for those who wish to vape as cheaply as possible.
Our Vape Rebuildable Coils RTA’s, RDA, RBA range at VapeStation includes:
- Coil Master SkyNet 8-in-1 Prebuilt Coils
- Coilology Performance Coil
- Demon Killer 8 in 1 Coil Prebuilt Set
- Demon Killer Alien V2 Coils 0.25 Ohm
- Smoant Pasito RBA Coil Head
- VOOPOO PnP RBA Coil For DIY
- Wotofo Mesh Style Coils For Mesh RDA